- A membership-based scheme which provides an extra layer of protection for your business.
- Use our Fever Free App to record temperatures of customers and staff and issue Fever Free Passes valid for six hours.
- Participate in our accreditation programme to train your staff on the importance of COVID-19 mitigation strategies and our standardised temperature assessment process.
- Encourage customers back to your business by demonstrating that you are going the extra mile to keep them safe.
- Join other responsible businesses in the fight to keep our high streets open.
For the Community
- Sign up for our free app enabling easy access to participating businesses.
- Have your temperature assessed upon entry and if your temperature is within the normal range, you will be issued with a Fever Free pass valid for six hours.
- Show this pass to other member businesses to gain quick access to their premises.
- Once the pass expires, it can be renewed for another six hours with a further temperature assessment.
- Look for our logo at participating businesses and be reassured that they are going the extra mile to keep you safe.
- Play a key role in keeping the high street Fever Free.
Why is temperature assessment important?
High temperature remains one of the most consistent symptoms of COVID-19 infection. In a recent study (Wang et al) 98.6% of patients admitted to hospital exhibited elevated temperature.
Economies are suffering due to a combination of customers' fear of exposing themselves to infection together with various government initiatives introduced to control the spread.
The R Number
As long as the rate of infection (the R number) remains high, it is likely that we will continue to experience yo-yo lockdowns and restrictions risking long-term damage to our economy.
What can we do?
Countries which have been successful at controlling the pandemic e.g Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea, have adopted temperature assessment as one of the key protective measures in economically vulnerable spaces.
Join our mailing list and keep up to date with latest news
Jere - Hospitality
"We all need to take responsibility to keep ourselves AND our economic livelihood as safe as possible. Fever Free Zone is another layer in that fight."